1. "a lot of millenials have been discouraged for a long time. now, with social media, they feel empowered, like people are hearing their voice. and tumblr is a great platform for all types of media," says zellie thomas, creator of black culture // millennials + tumblr activism.
2. bright young things are honing many skills instead of one singular role. "is multi-tasking the only way to make a name for yourself in the creative industries today?" // the rise of the multi-talented multi-tasker.
3. "there were stories happening all around and i just paid attention to them," says producer turned photographer 'spot' // candid photographs of the 1970s so-cal counterculture.
4. "fashion reflects reality. the proof is in the pattern," says vanessa friedman from nyt // fashion in 2014, reviewed.
5. visual coincidences in patterns also reminds us we're all connected // patternity, an innovative pattern-focused organization, is committed to celebrating the common language of pattern and the worlds of fashion and design with science, nature, geology and beyond.
6. tumblr trends: inter/net art // virtual inspiration from 2014, collected + reblogged.
7. yoko ono is coming to the moma in may 2015 // a future visual happening worthy of rejoice.
8. for guy bourdin, a renowned + unconventional fashion photographer, magazines were the only art form // random fact: he only worked with models with specific astrological signs.